The estate began life in the 12th century under the ownership of the Rambaldi family.
In the 16th century the Guerrieri family originally from the Marche region became established in the area of Verona.
In the late 18th century Agostino Guerrieri (1749-1833), married Maria Teresa Rambaldi the last descendant of the Rambaldi line and from then on the estates came under Guerrieri ownership.
In the early 19th century Vincenzo Guerrieri (1792-1855), son of Maria Teresa and Agostino, undertook broad-ranging reforms in his properties, extending the size of vineyards and olive groves, building water systems and farmhouses.
The last descendant of the Guerrieri family, Giuseppina (1870-1967), la “ Grand Dame “ married Carlo Rizzardi (1878-1975) heir of the Rizzardi family who owned a large wine estate in Negrar, Valpolicella. This marriage led to the merging of two highly-valuable wine growing and producing properties in 1913.
From 1913 Count Carlo Rizzardi significantly increased the size and layout of the centuries old cellar in centre of Bardolino.